What is social media marketing? I know that sounds like an first question, but it really does deserve some discussion. There are several dimensions to a great social media marketing strategy as well as its interweave relationship to other channel strategies like content, search, email and mobile.
Using social media for marketing can enable small business looking to further their reach to more and more customers. Your customers be sociable with brands through social media, therefore, having a strong social media marketing plan and being there on the web is the key to tap into their interest. If its implemented correctly, marketing with social media can help us to bring remarkable success to your business.
Let’s go back to the definition of marketing. Marketing is the action or business of researching, planning, accomplish, promoting and selling products or services. Social media is a communication medium that enables users to create content, share content or engage in social networking. Social media as a method is very different from traditional media for two reasons. First, the activity is largely public and approachable to marketers for research. Second, the medium allows for communication – both direct and indirect
What is Social Media Marketing?
A strong social media marketing strategy must include both the distinct features of social media as well as purchase the methods by which a brand can be monitored and promoted. That means that a having a strategy to push 2 tweets a day isn’t a fully bound social media strategy. A complete plan includes tools and methodologies to research your audience, to monitor and react to the audience, to safeguard and grow your personal or brand reputation, to publish content that provides value to your social network, and includes a promotion strategy that drives business results. That promotion strategy may even include social media advertising (Deanna Christine mulderrig).
Business results don’t always have to be the actual purchase, but they can be building perception, trust, and control. In fact, social media isn’t often found to drive direct purchases unless it’s by way of a concession or promotion. Social media is more often used to discover by word of mouth, a source of interrogation for research, and a source to connect – via people – to a company. Because it’s bi-directional, it’s quite unique from other marketing channel.
5 Ways Social Media Marketing Affects Businesses
1. Showcase your brand – word of mouth is incredibly powerful because it’s highly relevant. People in a specific industry, as an example, often meet in social media channels and groups. If one person shares your brand or service, it can be seen and shared all over the social media by a highly-engaged audience. Thus social media marketing helps us in showcasing are brand it is a very huge platform for business. A local company can also become brand through social media. But for that they have to make powerful and useful content for their brand (Deanna Christine mulderrig).
2. Develop a loyal community – if you have an effective social strategy of providing value to your audience – either by direct helping, curated content, or other news, tips and tricks, your community will grow to respect and trust you. Trust and authority are important section of any purchase decision.If your user is not trusting you then your business cannot run for long period of time it will only run for a short period of time
3. Improve customer service – whenever your customer calls you for your help, it’s a 1:1 conversation. But when a customer reaches out on social media, your audiences get to see how you respond their needs. Great customer service can be checked through every corner of the globe… and so can lead customer service disaster.its better to make respond to your customer as fast as you can because if you unable to do so because it can bring very big problem to your business.
4. Increase digital exposure – why product content without a plan to share and promote it? Developing content doesn’t mean if you build it, they will come to you. They won’t. So building a great social network where the community become’s brand advocates is incredibly very powerful (Deanna Christine mulderrig).
5. Boost traffic and SEO – As we all know the search engines continue to exclude links, fans and followers as a direct factor in search engine ranking, there is no doubt that a strong social media strategy will drive great search engine results for your business. So your duty is to boost traffic to your website and to do that you should have to do SEO to put you in top ranking in google.
– Deanna Christine Mulderrig
Original source: http://www.digitalvidya.com/blog/